[OM] setting diopter on OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti)

Subject: [OM] setting diopter on OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti)
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:33:50 -0500
Does anyone have some good advice on setting the diopter on an OM-3(Ti) or
OM-4(Ti)?
My technique is to take the lens off the body, look at a light source and
spin the diopter adjustment wheel until the focusing screen comes into
focus.  The problem is that, with the exception of the extremes, I can focus
on the screen at any setting.  I even tried using a series 1 screen instead
of the series 2, so I could see more detail in the focusing screen.  That
didn't help, and I just can't tell whether I have it right or not.
Also, only my black 4T has a mark on the dial, so I can't even compare the
settings on my various bodies.
Anybody have difficulty with this?

thanks
--p.j.