Re: [OM] Question from Interview with Maitani

Subject: Re: [OM] Question from Interview with Maitani
From: "M. Sparks" <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:13:54 -0400
The AE-1 should be compared to the OM-2.  It had a huge impact, even
though I don't think it was as revolutionary as the OM-2.  It was my
first serious SLR.  Still in the closet.

The Pros:

1) Accurate shutter and meter, if you're careful with highlights.
2) Nice fine, bright finder
3) Responsive hair-trigger shutter release
4) AE lock
5) 6V cells last a long time
5) Lots of FD stuff; becoming comparatively cheaper than OM gear.
5) No charm so you don't spend all your $$$ on the FD stuff!

and Cons:

1) Shutters need lube jobs (but only after I stopped using it alot)
2) No TTL flash
3) Screen only shows maybe 90%
4) Klunky DOF lever; tied for last place with OM dogear
5) No charm

Just my experience.

Morgan Sparks