Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**

Subject: Re: [OM] E*bay bites me in the a**
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:28:02 +1000
At 03:51 PM Tuesday 10/07/2001, you wrote:
Tom Scales wrote:
For long time readers, you'll remember that I had a buyer of my 18/3.5
back out on the deal.  He overbid and did it without his wife's
'permission' and she made him renege on the deal.
<snip>

He waited months and then finally left me feedback -- negative
feedback.
Here's what he posted to me:

In the case at hand I think the best thing to do was submit a Non paying bidder warning, get your money for listing back and leave the feedback well alone. If he does it enough times - I think 4 times then he is permanently suspended anyway and whether you left a negative feedback or not wouldn't really count anyway.

Therefore I think negative feedback from a seller is somewhat unnecessary as they can get their money back for listing and lose nothing but the opportunity to have sold the item for a lower amount to someone else. A buyers negative feedback on the other hand is almost always worth looking at closely.

Oben