Re: [OM] setting diopter on OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti)

Subject: Re: [OM] setting diopter on OM-3(Ti) or OM-4(Ti)
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:50:35 +1000

The proper way is to remove the lens from the camera and look through the viewfinder at the LCD display and focussing screen. The focussing screen should be much more obvious when the lens is removed.

You should adjust the diopter ring until you see the LCD display and focussing screen in sharp focus. Put the lens back on and you should find that you do not strain your eye when looking from the scene into the viewfinder and vice versa.

Oben

At 05:31 PM Tuesday 10/07/2001, you wrote:
Interesting question!

> I've always taken off my glasses, and then looked through the viewfinder, adjusting the diopter until I can clearly see the LCD readouts/bars. That seems to work.

If I took off my -5.5 glasses, I would not see anything but the viewfinder frame itself. How do you adjust the diopter with your glasses on? I have followed the guidelines earlier discussed in this group, but still feel not safe with that procedure, especially because glasses make the focussing difficult: pressing your glasses against the viewfinder itself may change your eye's actual focussing settings.

Some images taken with my OM4Ti therefore seem to be less sharp than I could have expected, in particular close focus shots.

Bernd

Dr. Oben O. Candemir MBBS Syd Uni.