RE: [OM] 16mm f3.5 question

Subject: RE: [OM] 16mm f3.5 question
From: "Stephen Border" <sborder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 18:37:04 +1000
Thanks Gary,  I've just picked up the first photos taken with this lens and
they look fine.  My house is all bent and my little 4 cylinder car looks
like a SUV. I used my 24mm to judge exposure then subsituted the 16.

The glass is very clean and the mount is also good, just marked where
someone has felt the need to scratch a couple of lines into it.  I have a
few sticky 50/1.8s that might donate a bit of focus grip soon. An offbrand
teleconvertor already has, but the pattern is not the same as the real
thing.

Interestingly enough the aperture coupling lever may have broken off but
there is no sign of it at all, just two screw holes where it should be.  The
sequence of events that would lead to this escape me.

My father has a pretty good collection of machine tools (ex marine engineer)
so we could probably knock up something fairly easily if the part turns out
to be unavailable.  Might even make a titanium one out of the old 4ti top
plate.

Stephen