RE: [OM] 100mm f2

Subject: RE: [OM] 100mm f2
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 06:09:34 -0500
Oben,

How funny.  Olaf & I have been discussing this very thing.  A month or so
ago I sold my 100/2 while trying to pare down my obsession/collection with
the logic that, since I had the 90/2 and it provided macro capability and
almost the same focal length.  Big mistake.  There's an indescribable
*something* (Olaf calls it "magic") about the 100/2 that the 90/2 somehow
doesn't have -- I can't say that it's any particular thing -- but I sorely
miss the 100/2 and am now looking for another one.

I'd grab it if I were you.  It's an amazing lens.

Dave