Re: [OM] OT - Shipping to Canada

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Shipping to Canada
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:29:51 -0600
You've probably already made the trip, so this is for the general benefit
of all who might want to send something to Canada...

1.  Pack it well!  (DUH!)  I'm not sure whether it's the US or Canadian
guys, but someone's been kicking boxes again!  :-)

2.  Fill-out the Customs Declaration correctly!  If you miss anything, the
parcel WILL get held-up forever in Canadian Customs.  You MUST write
the description, weight, and value of the article.

3.  Buy insurance!  (See #1)  Unless it's not worth all that much,
insurance is a must.  Yeah, it takes forever to get a claim processed (or
maybe not, according to some list members), but you WILL get that
claim check someday.  You WON'T get a claim check if you don't buy
insurance...  it's as simple as that!

That all probably sounds obvious, but you'd be surprised how often I get
parcels that are packed badly, don't have a properly filled-out Customs
Declaration, and/or weren't insured (even though I specifically asked and
paid for it!).

Hope that's helpful...

Regards,

Chris