Re: [OM] Who made Carsen lenses.

Subject: Re: [OM] Who made Carsen lenses.
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 14:33:02 -0600
Carsen was the Canadian importer for Olympus.  Olympus now sells
there stuff directly through Olympus US, I think.

I've been told that Carsen lenses were rebranded Vivitars, but I don't
know that for a fact.  I once owned the Carsen 135/2.8 (with macro
mode) and found it to be a fine little lens.  I didn't know better when I
bought it, so I paid through the nose for it and took a major loss when I
sold it, but photographically speaking it served me well.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

Chris

On 6 Jul 2001, at 23:50, Parzival Herzog wrote:

> I have a 28-70mm Carsen 1:3.8-4.5 zoom lens.
> Carsen is (was?) the Canadian importer of Olympus
> camera products. I presume they branded a line
> of cheaper lenses for Olympus SLRs, and I am wondering
> who the maufacturer of this lens was, or what better
> known third party brand has sold this lens model.
>
> If it helps to identify the beast, it is of metal contruction,
> it has a 58mm filter thread, its a one touch zoom, it
> has a close focus max reproduction ratio of 1:5
>
> The "Third Party Lenses Resource Megasite" at
> http://www.smu.edu/~rmonagha/third/index.html
> doesn't include the Carsen name in its list of re-branders.
>
> - Parzival

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca