Re: [OM] OM-2n Mirror Hanging

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n Mirror Hanging
From: William Biesele <william@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 20:47:58 -0600
I would like to convert a dead OMx body to use as a knife edge focuser.
This focus method requires the shutter and film back to be open. Opening
the film back for a long time is easy, just take it off; the shutter is
not so easy. Obviously the shutters and mirror mechanisms could be
removed but I would like to have the mirror and viewfinder available for
'rough' focusing before focusing with the knife edge.

This focusing method involves sliding a knife edge though the focal
plane which will probably take both hands for a klutz like me. Anyone
have suggestions on what type of body would be the easiest to do this
with and what modifications would have to be made???

Thanks in advance

Bill Biesele

> "John Hermanson" wrote
> So with the body cap off, the mirror goes up, shutter stays open.  The
> ability to wind it while the shutter is open is normal.   Is it doing this
> in manual position also?  Still sounds like the asa circuit. Usually, the
> ceramic has a hairline crack in it, so the camera sees it as an extremely
> low asa, so the shutter stays open.
<snip>