Re: [OM] AF Lenses for the OM-77AF

Subject: Re: [OM] AF Lenses for the OM-77AF
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:15:44 -0600
The picture of this one has the grip/flash:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-
cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1249546253

We'll see if it's actually included, but my guess is that it'll be there.  The
seller (Gale) has been *very* nice.  She and her husband are "newbies"
so they don't appear to have figured out how to be shady, yet.  (Just
kidding, all you *Bay vets!)  Her husband actually sent the camera
(thursday) before I had paid for it (saturday), not knowing that you really
shouldn't do that!  :-)

Anyway, like I said, it was a good deal, particularly with the grip/flash
included, so now I own it.  I'll let everyone know what shape it's in when
it arrives.

Regards,

Chris

On 11 Jul 2001, at 12:36, andrew fildes wrote:

> I concur - I sold a 70-210 I stumbled across and the buyer was very happy
> with it indeed. The battery door was a problem for him too - I believe
> there are a few powergrips available here and there. Grab any you find!
> Andrewf
>

> >There is no Zukio AF for OM-77, they are named Olympus AF lens. The
> >characteristic of Olympus AF lenses vary a lot, I heard and seen from the
> >test report that the 70-210 is a very good lens. I have 28/2.8, 50/1.8 and
> >35-105. The 50 has very low contrast, 35-105 is cool in color balance,
> >very sharp but very high barrel distortion at 35mm end. I think the 28 has
> >same formula as the Zuiko 28/2.8. The response of the OM77 is very slow
> >even with non AF Zuiko. Be careful about battery door, it is very easily
> >broken.
> >
> >A must have AF may be it is the 50/2.8 macro, no Zuiko can provide
> >focus from 1:1 to infinity. Accessories? I think it is the F280 flash
> >which provide a more powerful full sync flash on OM77 than on OM4Ti.
> >
> >C.H.Ling
> >
> >Chris O'Neill wrote:
> >>
> >> I recently bought an OM-77AF from that online auction site we all love
> >> to hate, and it should be here in the next few days.  In the meantime...
> >>
> >> Which Zuiko (of course!) AF lenses are an absolute *must* for anyone
> >> owning the 77AF?  And, what's the "going" prices these days for these
> >> lenses?  Finally, are there any accessories that are a "must have" as
> >> well?
> >>
> >> Thanks, in advance, for any responses!
> >>
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Chris