[OM] OM4 rewind handle.

Subject: [OM] OM4 rewind handle.
From: "Parzival Herzog" <parz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:14:29 -0500
Today I got an OM4 (attached to a lens I wanted.) The camera
is in pretty good condition, aside from a badly marked focussing
screan, and a finger print on the mirror. It has a small mechanical
problem with the rewind handle, and I wonder if it is reasonable
to repair it myself:

The handle will not fold down completely because there is a small
metal piece that obstructs the slot that accepts the twirly part
of the handle. The metal obstruction fills the slot half way. It is
as if the obstruction should be rotated about 10 degrees counter-
closkwise to get out of the way. There's a very tempting screw
right in the axis of the the rewind mechanism. Maybe if I turn it...

Anyways, maybe some of you old silverbacks have dealt with this
before.

- Parsival