RE: [OM] Infrared Films.....

Subject: RE: [OM] Infrared Films.....
From: David Bulger <David.Bulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 10:51:10 -0500
Max,

1. No, you can't trust the light meter.  There are recommendations that come
with the film re ISO settings & filtration combinations.  Even with these
recommendations, bracket, bracket, bracket.

2. The only one I've used is Kodak's HS Infrared.

3. I use a Kodak #25 Deep Red for all of it.

The ISO I seem to get with the HS Infrared and the #25 filter is ISO 80.
Works well for interior stuff and studio lighting.  Outdoors would be
another ballgame entirely.  Note that the issue is not film inconsistency
but rather how much (invisible) infrared light is being reflected and what
filtration you're using re how much light the filter lets through.  My
studio monolights put out a given amount of infrared light, the sun another,
etc.

Good luck!  It's fun to play with.

Dave

Max -- see what you can do about adjusting the settings in your email
program to have your messages output in Plain Text rather than Rich Text or
HTML.  The format your emails are in cause lots & lots of garbage to appear
on the screens of those listees that participate in the list via digest
mode.  Contact me offline (dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) if you need clarification.

Thanks!
Hi all!!!!
First of all thanks to everybody for the anwsers of OM Battery problems ...
!
Now, I need that the gurus of photograpy share some knowledge and tips for
the IR photograpy.
like...
1) Can I trust the light meter in the camera at all ?
2) which film recommend ?
3) Probably some filtering will be needed. Any in mind ?
Saludos !!! (bye bye! in spanish)
Max