Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:02:54 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/01 12:42:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> after all our discussions re: eB*y and being careful, I just received a
> Tokina AT-X 24-40/2.8 zoom lens for the OM which upon initial inspection
was
> fine, but which I discovered has a couple of problems:
>snip<
>  To be honest, I violated my own rules bidding on this one, and I got
caught.
>  Well, guess I'd best get writing that *honest* description of it, and get
> ready to take the proverbial bath on it

No chance of returning for a refund?  Was it an "as is" sale?

Moral of story:  Discipline.  Have a set of standards by which you decide to
bid or not, and STICK TO THEM, NO MATTER WHAT.  Pay attention to those little
"red flags" and funny feelings in your gut.

Rich