RE: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop

Subject: RE: eBay Photo Equipment Sellers Was: [OM] 21mm f2 close focus stop
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 20:39:31 -0700
I've haggled with Bernhard a couple of times. In my experience he doesn't make deals. He knows what his equipment's worth and sticks by the price he sets for it, which is invariably top end.

Tris

At 03:44 PM 7/10/01 -0600, you wrote:
On 8 Jul 2001, at 19:43, Chip Stratton wrote:

> I won't bid on any of 'Negresco's items either. His reserves are very high,
> I alway feel sorry for the person that  actually bids high enough to meet
> them.

Someone once said he probably does that to avoid paying *Bay's final
value fee, thusly:  (1) Set the reserve high, (2) high bidder doesn't meet
the reserve, (3) make an offline deal with the high bidder.

If that's the case, he's too shady for *my* tastes.  So, I don't bid on his
stuff, either.  Besides, he p*sses me off when he always refers to
Olympus stuff as "Leica look-a-likes" or similar dribble!  :-)

Regards,

Chris

---
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)