[OM] Camera Error or Operator Error?

Subject: [OM] Camera Error or Operator Error?
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 05:52:09 -0500
Just got a roll of (negative) film back from the processor -- minus _everything_ but the last four shots I took. Not a mark on the negatives for any of my other pictures (car show), save for half a frame of one car -- the last car picture I took before I took the four that printed.

Okay, I'm relatively new to the "non-wonderbrick" school of photography, so maybe it's something I did. But in maybe 15 rolls through my OM-1, I've never seen this happen. Film loaded just like always, film advance lever worked smoothly, frame counter advanced properly (though I've learned it will do this with film and without <g>), I see no torn or distressed sprocket holes, rewind felt smooth. Things felt and sounded right. Processing place suggested a sticky shutter, but I used three different lenses, two of which I'd used many times before. The OM-1 is a garage-saler that was CLA'd locally by a local chain.

So is it me ... or does my OM-1 get to take an airplane trip for service?