Re: [OM] mirror lens and #1-7 screen

Subject: Re: [OM] mirror lens and #1-7 screen
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 07:39:22 -0500
On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 08:58:32PM -0700, Jim Brokaw wrote:
> Anyone have knowledge why this screen won't work with the Celestron 300? I
> like the small size of the lens, and it is acceptably sharp for what it
> cost, but the view is dim for focusing on the 'normal' screens. Are there
> other brighter screens that would be better?

I've got one of these as well, and like it quite a bit (see my TOPE 3 entry,
which was taken with it). I used a 1-13 with it, and with careful eye
placement, it wasusable all over the screen. Dunno why you had problems with
a 1-7. I didn't try it with the 2-4 while I had one, but will with the 2-13
that's coming to replace it if I get a chance. Since you've got an OM-4,
that's an option for you on that body.