Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:08:10 -0600
At 07:48 AM 7/12/01 -0400, you wrote:
In a message dated 7/11/01 4:20:14 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Well, didn't have any of those gut feelings, but I did violate my own
(published) standards.  Including shipping, UPS' "brokerage fees," GST and
of course the item's original auction price, I'm out about $400.00 CDN.

I'll be lucky if I get $100.00 for it, all told.  C'est la vie, I guess.

Garth

Garth:

You're talking about a $300 difference. You should be able to have it
repaired for a fraction of that.

Only if it *is* repairable, Robert. I've already talked to the Tokina reps in Canada -- they claim that replacement parts for *any* of the older manual-focus AT-X series are unavailable, so repair's not an option.

We'll see how this pans out.

Garth