[OM] 50-250mm/f5 zoom - thoughts from the list?

Subject: [OM] 50-250mm/f5 zoom - thoughts from the list?
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:04:19 -0500
I was wondering what others think of this lens.
I enjoy mine immensely, and Gary R's tests seem to indicate that it is a
solid performer considering its 5x range.  On his website, Hanz said the
lens is sort of a collector's item.  Skip's e*ay history shows that it
commands high prices.
What are everyone else's thoughts on this lens?
Of course, my motivation to know is partly driven by the fact that I have
two (please don't ask why :-).  One has got to go, and I'm thinking about
letting both go since I'm not much of a zoom person on the whole.  If I do
keep one, are their any reformulations? In other words, should I keep one SN
over another?

TIA,
--p.j.