[OM] Kansas City finds

Subject: [OM] Kansas City finds
From: "Goss,Steve" <SGOSS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 18:54:31 -0500
Hi, Yall-

I've been in Kansas City this week in another class, and managed to make the
rounds of just about every camera store of distinction.

Camera Center just off Metcafe and another camera junk store on Vivion near
29 in N. KC both have lenses and other stuff, new in boxes.  I didn't check
the prices too closely, that kind of stuff is out of my range.  I seem to
remember an 85mm, some 50's, a winder, and other stuff.

Just stopped by Crick's camera a few minutes ago, and they were having a
sidewalk sale.  About the only Olympus piece out there was a NIB record
databack 300 for the AF300 or Superzoom 300 for only $10.  They also had two
Graflex Graflashes, NIB, for $10, a Vemar 2 to 10 adjustable closeup lens
for 49mm filter rings, NIB, for only $5. They also had a bunch of point &
shoot type cases and picture frames out there. I didn't look, because
there's no way to get them back on the plane.

Inside Crick's though, was where I really found stuff.  I asked if they had
any pieces for Olympus, and after a couple of "not for 35mm, just for
digital" type answers, they took a look in the cabinet behind the Leica
equipment, and found two open boxes of Olympus stuff.  With just a few
exceptions it was all new in box, with nice shiny boxes.
5meter t flash cord $60
T multiconnector $75 or so
Shoe 1 $30
Shoe 4 $35 (any questions why they still have this stuff?)
they also have a 5 meter cord and remote sensor for the 310 flash, M.Grip
cord 2, 2 eyecup 2's, and one of the grips for the IS series of camera.

They also had something I had never seen. It had the Olympus logo on it, but
it was in a formed plastic package.  It said that it was a "safe" flash
adapter, made by the Wein company. It had a flash shoe and a PC socket in
it.  Don't know what it is for, or what it was supposed to do, and just
thought it was very weird.

I'd offer to help anyone acquire this stuff, but I fly home tommorrow, and
from there I go on vacation.  I'll kind of keep touch via e-mail.
Occasionally.

Thanks for reading, Steve Goss, usually from Dallas, Tx usa

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are
intended only for the addressee.  The information contained in this message is
confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under
international, federal, or state securities laws and is intended only for the
use of the addressee.  Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying,
distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be
unlawful.  If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message
and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner?s
corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816) 221-1024.