Re: [OM] OM-2n Mirror Hanging

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2n Mirror Hanging
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 19:00:56 -0500
Try this, with any mechanically working 1, 1n, 2 or 2n:

Wind the camera, set on "B".  Set the self-timer lever, then release self-timer
using the little tab behind it, pushing it toward the lens.  As the self-timer
runs down, it will slowly depress the release button.  As soon as the shutter
opens, gently pull the little tab back away from the lens, locking the
self-timer.  Presto, shutter button is held down, keeping shutter open in "B"!
To close the shutter again, just pull the self-timer lever back down, or push
the little tab back towards the lens, or turn the shutter dial off "B".

Or use a locking cable release....