Re: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: Vaughan Bromfield <vaughan.bromfield@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:44:04 +1000
Andrew Fildes wrote:

>    ... Now would you care to guess
> what the most dangerous animal in Australia is (the one that kills more
> than any other in any given year)?

Guns. Or lack of them. <wink>

Errr, GST? SUVs?

Canadian customs officials? Rare down here, but lethal if cornered I
hear -- no personal experience. (You'd be a legend in MY lunchtime if
you handled one of them in my presence, defanged or not.)

Wrong?! Damn, this is harder than I expected.

<bites lip and thinks *real* hard>

I know: mercury batteries. Lots of the dangerous critters down here,
hiding at the back of drawers, inside rubbish tips and other clean, dark
places (like cameras) just waiting to strike. Some of the bolder ones
can be seen sunning themselves openly in camera store shelves. None
anywhere else tho, 'cause you all outlawed 'em. Yeah, that's it.

(Not fair me answering I know, I'm an Australian. Sorry to spoil the fun
for the others, Andrew.)

Vaughan