Re: [OM] 100mm f2

Subject: Re: [OM] 100mm f2
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 17:28:39 +1000
In reply:

Would like to eventually replace the 200/4 with the 180/2.8 on the long end, and may eventually pick up a 21/2 on the short end

I have one of each available for you :) The 21/2 because I have two and the 180/2.8 because I will replace it soon with the much raved about 180/2.

BTW, try using your 18mm more (e.g. for a second shot after the 21mm) and critically looking at the results. Granted, it is a difficult lens to use because of its very radical perspective. I must deliberately check any prominent vertical or horizonatal lines very carefully. As with many of the radical long and short focal lengths, success comes with experience looking through it and using it.

-- John

I don't actually have an 18mm f3.5 but one is available to me for the highish price of $700 US. For that reason its low on my priorities for acquisition. I also must get out and make more time to actually take more photos. I may visit the ADITL site and see what the shooting schedule is. I have some interesting ideas for the next TOPE and I've surveyed a few locations and what I will use to capture them on my favorite emulsion.

(You inspired me with the TOPE 6, so much so I'm going to try the 7mm extension tube with the 21mm f2 and see what that is capable of.)

Oben