Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:17:52 +0200 (CEST)
Andrew,

Are you suggesting a TOPE-event with a theme of "poisonous wild-life with
focal lengths shorter than 35mm"??? And no, mother-in-laws do *not*
count.... ;)

--thomas
(who's sitting in his office, and just feeling the small hairs on the back
of his neck rise...)

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, andrew fildes wrote:

> >andrew fildes wrote:
> >>-- snip --
> > Now would you care to guess
> >> what the most dangerous animal in Australia is (the one that kills more
> >> than any other in any given year)?
> >> AndrewF
> >
> >The Funnel web spider.  Makes our black widow and brown recluse look
> >like amateurs.
> >
> >Jerry Liles
>
> Nasty bugger, very aggressive but doesn't kill too many, especially since
> an anti-venene was developed. We have a close relative of the black widow -
> the redback, which was only moderately unpleasant (notorious for hiding
> under outdoor toilet seats) but there's some evidence that they have cross
> bred with black widow tourists down at the docks and the hybrids are now
> significantly unpleasant.
> Not as poisonous as the little blue ringed octopus or the cone shell,
> neither of which is the most dangerous critter in terms of victims. Keep
> guessing. This is one I challenge people with when their eco-paranoia gets
> out of hand!
> AndrewF

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)