[OM] Lens + body Cleaning + F. Screen change

Subject: [OM] Lens + body Cleaning + F. Screen change
From: "Enrique Cabrera" <qcabrera@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 13:47:47 +0200
Hi everybody:

Let's have a little of Oly Sesame Street. Just a few tips for us
beginners:

- How do you recommend to clean lenses? I know it's better not to get
them dirty, but imagine you get one of the usual eb@y beauties from a
careless owner.

- How about the viewfinder? I mean completely around the edges and
so. What about the camera inside (mirror, focusing screen, etc...) I
am asuming these are not every day operations but no alternative sort
of things.

- How do you change a focusing screen without causing some permanent
damage? Any special care should be taken?

I am quite aware that these questions have been asked a few times,
but I have been around for a while and I don't seem to recall these
issues. I know I should go to the archives, but those are quite dense
to explore.

Cheers

Enrique Cabrera Jr.
Industrial Eng., MSc
Asst. Professor
Fluid Mechanics Group - Institute for Water Technology
Politechnic University of Valencia (Spain)
http://www.gmf.upv.es
Tel: +34 96 3877611
Fax: +34 96 3877619