Re: [OM] Lens + body Cleaning + F. Screen change

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens + body Cleaning + F. Screen change
From: johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 12:33:29 -0500
>Some folks have mentioned an old clean t-shirt.  I use that almost every
day,
>when I clean my glasses.  Wash 'em, wipe 'em..... but still there are
>streaks.  A quick wipe with my clean t-shirt, and ta da!  No streaks.  Why
>wouldn't a CLEAN cotton t-shirt (old, so little risk of lint) work with
>Zuikos?  Any opinions?

I've always been told that cotton is preferred over tissue b/c the tissue is
pulp based and may have other materials in it that can scratch a lens.  I
always use an old cotton T-shirt, but I have noticed that sometimes is
leaves a film.  I think I have pinned it down to using an antistatic sheet
with only a few other items in the dryer.  In a large load the junk that is
on the antistatic sheet gets dispersed enough to not make a difference.

...just my $0.02US
--p.j.