Re: [OM] Lens + body Cleaning + F. Screen change

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens + body Cleaning + F. Screen change
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:30:22 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/01 9:41:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> be careful with the compressed air.  You can shoot dust into
>  the elements of a lens if you try hard enough.  I suspect the same goes for
>  a camera body too.

That possibility occurred to me, too.  I wonder if that isn't how some of
that dust has gotten into the used lenses we buy.  I'm really careful to blow
ACROSS the surface of the lens, from about six inches to a foot away, not AT
the lens, to try to minimize the possibility of forcing dust, grit inside.

The real bugger seems to be those recessed rear elements.  Anybody have a
killer technique for that?

Rich