[OM] Re: focusing problems

Subject: [OM] Re: focusing problems
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:18:26 +0000
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:40:18 -0700
Subject: Re:  focusing problems
From: Larry Fisher <lafish3@xxxxxxxx>

 Went out shooting recently with my OM1 and my new-to-me made-in-Japan 50
1.8 and virtually everything I shot at less than 5.6  was out of focus.
This middle-aged stuff is for the birds. It's not the new lens, I've been
having trouble for a while, but was in denial. I'm hoping things get better
when my OM-2 returns from its CLA at Camtech. It has a coarse plain matt
screen which has always seemed easier to focus, imho. Otherwise, not sure
what to do. An ATF wonderbrick from brand N or brand C, both of which
offend my aesthetic sensibilities? A Contax G2, which kind of seems like a
rich man's P&S, an Oly iS-3? I've always wanted an M Leica, but I suspect
it's not easy to focus with middle-aged eyes either.

 Larry Fisher