Re: [OM] [OT] demise of NBCi- I'm looking for free webspace

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] demise of NBCi- I'm looking for free webspace
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:37:23 +0000
At 18:16 7/13/01, p.j. wrote:
It looks like NBCi has finally pulled the plug.
Anybody out there have some good recs for free webspace?
It would be nice to avoid banners and such b/c I use the space for auction
photos among other things.
thanks
--p.j.

When NBCi (then Xoom) had severe problems with its servers (actually the com ports to their servers) I set up a mirror on Tripod. That is now the primary and I've kept the mirror on NBCi, but it's not kept as current. Yes there are banner ads, but the limit is 50MB, it's free, and it has been far more reliable. Seems like NBCi gets really flakey all the time with severe overload and I suspect it's happening yet again.

-- John