[OM] [OT] Javascript on *Bay

Subject: [OM] [OT] Javascript on *Bay
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:21:42 -0600
I just tried to list some stuff on that auction site we all love to hate, and
couldn't because apparently they've banned javascript from the listings.
Is this right???  If so, why did they do that???

I was using a javascript routine to open-up new windows when someone
clicks on my picture thumbnails.  Go here and click on a picture, if you
don't understand what I mean:

http://www.joinco.ca/chris/mypictures/e-Bay/200-4.html

Anyway, does anyone know another elegant way to do this that won't
get tossed by *Bay???  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

On 13 Jul 2001, at 22:11, Tris Schuler wrote:

> What I like about the Beattie is the increased light it lets into the view
> area. I've had a couple days to work with the 82400 w/etched lines done by
> Hermanson and I've got to tell you that focus screen presents one sweet
> setup. If I were forced to apply a term I'd say "superb." by the way, I've
> also worked some with the camera (OM-1n) I'm giving my daughter. It has a
> 1-4 in it and I had John etch lines on that screen as well. Once again, all
> I perceive is improvement to the view system.
>
> As for the "shimmer" of the 2-4:  I want to clearly see the image of what's
> before me, nothing else. The simpler the better here.
>
> Tris
>

> At 01:10 PM 7/14/01 +1000, you wrote:
> >I own the Beattie, and both 2 series screens. I disagree that the Beattie
> >is better than the 2 series screens. The 2-4 in particular has what Gary
> >Reese describes aptly as the "fine detail shimmer" at critical focus and I
> > noticed this independently the moment I installed the screen some months
> >ago. I've had a fair chance to use the Beattie and used it for several
> >rolls in my OM-3 but last week changed it over to my 2-4 and I don't think
> > I'll be changing it back any time soon.
> >
> >My opinion: go for the 2-4.
> >
> >Oben
> >
> >At 08:42 PM Friday 13/07/2001, you wrote:
> >>In a word . . . Beattie.
> >>
> >>Here's the lowdown:  http://www.mcs.net/~smp/photo/beattie.htm

> >>< For questions, mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
> >>< Web Page: http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >
> >
> >Dr. Oben O. Candemir MBBS Syd Uni.
> >

> >< This message was delivered via the Olympus Mailing List >
> >< For questions, mailto:owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
> >< Web Page: http://Zuiko.sls.bc.ca/swright/olympuslist.html >

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca