Re: [OM] Ralph Gibson-seeing

Subject: Re: [OM] Ralph Gibson-seeing
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 23:25:27 -0700
I used to carry one of these B&W preview filters on my photographer's
vest. It was made by Zone IV Studios.  Maybe Calumet Photographic has
them now.  Being that the filter is in glass, mine managed to get
cracked, but that doesn't make it worthless.

Susie says they are great for someone stuck in "horizontalitis."  I say
they are also quite useful for warning you about what details might get
lost in the shadows.  As for framing a subject, I'm more into the umpire
technique: view your subjects like an umpire would.  That is, with a
imaginary frame in your mind's eye.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV