Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT]WAS ALERT, NOW Snake Identification
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 17:30:28 +1000
We breed that type of Australian especially for export grade television
shows to the US (as opposed to the export grade soaps for the UK). They are
kept well restrained when the camera isn't rolling as the genetic
modification that results in easy charm and imperviousness to bite and
venom also seems to produce a complete lack of intelligence.
We aren't foolish enough to watch the shows ourselves and the average
Australian is as scared sh*tless of wild nasties as any other level headed
individual - which is why I do the honey-bee question - risk
prioritisation. Most people get bitten by snakes while trying to kill one
because they are convinced it's dangerous but wander across roads
fearlessly.
Incidentally, Australia is the most urbanised nation on earth -
three-quarters of us live in a city! Doesn't quite match the stereotype,
does it?
AndrewF