[OM] Re: #2537 & 2542- More Focusing Screens / Viewfinders

Subject: [OM] Re: #2537 & 2542- More Focusing Screens / Viewfinders
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 07:33:44 EDT
My 2 penny worth on the standard screens:

I have just bought an OM-2SP to go with the OM-Ti and then got a 50 pound
(cost, not weight!) OM-1N.

I like the OM-1N viewfinder best. Maybe because the fully-silvered mirror
gives a brighter image. I guess it came with a 1-series screen.

For some reason, the screen on my 1987 OM-2S P is a little brighter and
'smoother' than the screen on my 1992 OM-4Ti. I don't really know why this is
so - whethe it is the pentaprism or semi-silvered mirror that might be
slightly different, or the screen. I prefer the OM-2S screen, although I
thought the OM-4Ti one would either be the same or should be a later/better
model.

By the way, I did allow for the lens f/number (yuo can look through without a
lens!) and the slight difference in colour vision between my two eyes (I
swapped cameras between right and left eyes when I was comparing).

Any comments on why the OM-2S viewfinder should look 'better' to me?

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/