Re: [OM] Filter brands and types

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter brands and types
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 18:15:29 -0700
I'll be able to check that thoroughly again this summer during semana grande in Donisti, where they hold an international fireworks competition the entire week. I think you're wrong (within my experience). Certainly hope so. Beaches are no places for cameras and lenses, even less so for lenses without shields. <g>

At 01:15 AM 7/15/01 +0200, you wrote:
Yo,

on Sat, 14 Jul 2001 09:19:25 -0700, Tris Schuler wrote:

>I generally run a Skylight over my lens at all times, unless there's other
>stuff there and the stack's too much. That's even when the lenses are in
>the bag or on the shelf, by the way. No way I'll let my front element
>become exposed--also, it keeps the dirt and smog out.

So far I do the same thing, but.....

> Can't say I've had
>any issues with re to flare. (I usually use hoods outside, though, so that
>cuts down the chances right there.)

......my favorite are nighttime available darkness shots, especially
fireworks, and I have found filters to cause odd reflections when on the
lens for this type of work, so I always take them off in these situations,
and also in other ones where I suspect flare/reflections might be critical.

MtFbwy,
Volkhart

--
Volkhart Baumgaertner     email: kyu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx