[OM] Used equipment at B&H

Subject: [OM] Used equipment at B&H
From: "Bill Stanke" <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 11:24:13 -0700
Hi gang:

B&H Now has their used inventory on-line.  A search of "Olympus" returned 12
screens full of Olympus items.  Listed below are some of the items that I
thought might be of particular interest to list members (prices are in US
Dollars):

Beattie Intenscreen (9)                                         $49
Olympus focusing screens (8-9)                              15-22
Olympus 49 mm polarizer (8)                                   20
Grip 1 (9+)                                                             12
Case for OM (8-9)                                                   10-13
Shoe 2 (9)                                                              18
Shoe 3 (8+)                                                            18
Shoe 4 (8+)                                                            15

I purchased an Eyecup 1 ($10), a metal lens hood for the 1.4 /50, 1.8/50 or
2.8/35 ($5), and a 49 mm circular polarizer ($20).  All of the items were in
excellent shape, except the hood, which had some paint loss.  I re-painted the
hood with spray paint, which fixed it right up.

 BTW Krylon Ultra Flat black works well on hoods.  The code is 1602, and is
available at Ace Hardware stores, etc.

I have no connection with B&H, other than as a (satisfied) customer.  I have
pretty much given up on *-Bay, unless the item in question can't be obtained
elsewhere.

Bill Stanke
Moscow, Idaho