Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 14:41:23 EDT
In a message dated 7/14/01 8:55:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The shimmer is a focussing effect
>  >with certain lenses. My 50/1.2 doesn't have it for example.

This discussion has interest for me, because I seem to have had a focusing
problem lately.  Yesterday, at the Highland Games, I used the 50/1.2 and 85/2
with OM-2S  and did notice, and use, the shimmer either side of focus to good
effect, I hope.  I also moved my head/glasses/eye around to see if that
changed anything, and it didn't, so apparently I can no longer blame my
(damn) trifocals.   Maybe I won't need to use the eyecup w/diopter  for
awhile yet.

Only problem I seem to have now is a tendancy to take just one less roll of
film than needed.... every darned time.  End up rationing shots, which of
course means missing a few potential keepers, no doubt.  Advice: always take
one MORE roll than you think you'll use.

Rich