Re: [OM] Warning...Please read...

Subject: Re: [OM] Warning...Please read...
From: Chris Charlton <c_charlton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:20:06 +0100 (BST)
 --- Bill Stanke <bstanke@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Hi
Chris:

> Sorry to hear of your problems!
>
> <rant on *-Bay buying follows>
>
> FWIW, here are some of the things I look for in an
> *-Bay transaction:
>
> Feedback.  I always review the seller's feedback.
> Your seller had a rating <snip>

I hear what you are saying, I am the kind of person
who is attracted to a bargain and generally items
without pictures sell for less than those with. I
checked out the Bogen web-site for info on the tripod
and head before I bid, so I knew what I was bidding
for. I think in the future I will be more careful what
I bid on. I suppose you take the chance and hope
things are ok, for example I just received a Vivitar
flash gun, it was sold as a non-worker and I paid
$6.50 for it. When I got it, all it needed was the
contacts cleaning due to corrosion, after applying a
little soldering flux and cleaning off it works
perfectly!
I will try and chase this guy up, in my last couple of
e-mails to him I told him the police would be involved
soon if he did nothing, and so far no reply. I'll keep
the list informed on what happens.

Chris