Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing

Subject: Re: [OM] Shimmer & Focusing
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 15:25:08 -0700
When I first posted about the shimmer effect I said I'd do a follow-up
to see if highest resolution was before, at, or after shimmer.  The
posted result was it is at the point of shimmer. If anyone is thinking
it is just when shimmer disappears, then your focus will be off
according to my tests.  I seem to recall this was independently
confirmed.  Joel, did you graciously check me on this?  FWIW, the camera
and lens (50mm f/1.4) was bench tested for focusing accuracy, although
film curvature is the ringer in any claims of precision.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV