Re: [OM] Filter brands and types

Subject: Re: [OM] Filter brands and types
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:05:47 +1000
Aw come on Gary - Leica wouldn't lie to us, would they?
I like B+W because they make some clever stuff - i.e. a 46mm 1A and rubber
hood combo for my G1, the same for the Minox GL I used to have (32mm
push-on with hood), - they have the feel of quality and the brass ring
means they don't jam.
That doesn't address optical quality but, for instance, the Fog I picked up
the other day has a lovely 'flecking' in the glass rather than a simple
misted surface and the WZ 1 I have (Duto type) is better than any other
I've seen, as are the Bifocal types. They seem to give some thought to the
best way to manufacture for an effect. I feel that if anyone is going to
make the best filter, they will be the ones. That said, I suspect that no
UV or 1A or even P (no change, protection) is ever going to be completely
invisible.
I'll leave the proof, either way, to experts like you :)
Andrew