Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:18:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 16 Jul 2001, John Hermanson wrote:

> When is a package a letter?  When you take it to the post office.

Oh why oh why did the US postal service come up with the terms "letter post"
and "parcel post".  I don't know how many times I've had to explain to
people sending me packages that yes, you can send a package using letter
post rates (which actually mean, a small package under 4lbs).  Most people
insist that packages must be sent using parcel post and not letter post.
Unfortunatly parcel post rates start at about $18US, which for small items
is outrageous.  I really hope they change the term" letter post" to
something else.
                                        -mark