[OM] 35-70 f/3.5~4.8 S Zuiko prices [was: no subject]

Subject: [OM] 35-70 f/3.5~4.8 S Zuiko prices [was: no subject]
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:16:20 -0700
FWIW, this zoom almost always sells above the B&H price when it's
offered on eBay in KEH=LN or KEH=LN- condition.  I auctioned one once
and gave the buyer a rebate because the bidding got outrageous.

Too bad the OM-2000 is discontinued.  It was a great niche product for
the student market, albeit with asleep at the wheel marketing and a
gross lack of an affordable 50mm f/1.8, necessary for most any Beginning
Photography course.  Also too bad that repair technicians aren't too
keen about repairing them.  John Hermanson doesn't even list the OM-2000
on his repair price list.  I'm 0 for 2 in getting anyone to fix mine
with a winder jam. Hum, maybe Cosina will take it . . .

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV