RE: [OM] OM provoked near heart attack!

Subject: RE: [OM] OM provoked near heart attack!
From: "Chris O'Neill" <chris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:00:45 -0600
On 16 Jul 2001, at 13:01, Timpe, Jim wrote:

> I think the vast majority of them are designed to be throw aways.  If it's
> a year old and you drop it, it's obsolete anyway.  And if it's any newer
> than that, they'll more than likely 'repair by replacement'.  Unless it's
> an E10 or D1 of course.

Pretty darned expensive "throwaway" camera, if you ask me!  And, even
if you're right and the camera is replaced, there's still the hassle of
taking it in for repair/replacement.  And, finally, what if you happen to
drop it 1 day after the warranty exipres (of course!)???

Again, no thanks!  I'll keep using my trusty, well made, durable OM
cameras!  Yeah, yeah...  I *know* that I'm preaching to the converted!  :-)

Regards,

Chris

---
I'm *not* a Zuikoholic....  I'm a Zuikohobbyist!
Chris O'Neill (chris@xxxxxxxxx)
http://www.joinco.ca