[OM] [ot] RE: Contax N1

Subject: [OM] [ot] RE: Contax N1
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Jul 2001 21:35:41 -0000
I played with one a little at a trade show. It isn't so bad - first it is
large (as mentioned here) but it is not heavy (less so then the high end
nikon/canon bodies). The lens seleciton is narrow (only two lenses widely
available and the third (50f1.4) outrageous in price and hard to find). The
100 macro has not been released.

The camera and lens (24-85) have gotten decent reviews but I think Canon
would be a better buy. One attractive thing about the N1 is that Contax
has already announced a 6mp digital body. Btw while the 645 lenses will
work with the N1 the focus on them is very very slow.

One thing I liked about the N1 (from 10 minutes of playing at the
trade show) is it had a nice viewfinder.

Alan