Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:09:26 -0700

Tris Schuler wrote:

> Best way to find out, John, would be to call 1-800-463-3339, then hit the
> STAR (*) key for a voice operator. FedEx usually picks up fast for its
> customers so wait time should be minimal.
>

> Anyway,  FedEx quoted me $16.54 to ship a 1lb small packet from San
> Francisco to Lakeland Florida. That's 3-day service w/$700 insurance.
>
> Tris

  If time is not an issue ask for FEDEX Ground or Home Delivery. These
are delivery
  times and prices to compete with UPS.

  And yes FEDEX is shipping the USPS Priority mail now. I've been
busting my ass to get
  all our tracking systems in place to track these containers. We'll be
doing 22 wide
  bodies a day through Memphis by the first of August. This won't be all
the Priority
  mail but it will be a big chunk of it. We'll be getting paid for the
shipments we   handle plus we get the rights to put our FEDEX drop boxes
at your local Post Office.

  later,
  mike m.