RE: [OM] OT Happy news, a new member to the family !!! :)

Subject: RE: [OM] OT Happy news, a new member to the family !!! :)
From: "O.C" <oben@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 22:20:57 +1000
At 07:57 PM Tuesday 17/07/2001, you wrote:
Hi Rich,

> You just can't beat a labrador retriever.

I normally don't mind the race of a dog a lot, for me the most important
thing is that a dog is friendly and is a great companion. That excludes
several races for me, and it puts some other races, as well as the dogs that
are not pure breed, in favour. The Labrador Retriever has definitely always
been a hot favouite of mine though. I think they're one of the prettiest
dogs too (when judging the physical appearance, for me it might only be
second to the Siberian Husky like dogs that have bright blue eyes), so I'm
very happy to have one now. :)

We've owned two Doberman Pinschers and they have been fantastically loyal dogs. They have a very unique habit of 'smiling' , teeth clacking, and 'hand holding' they do when they see you after you have been absent for some hours. Its a very endearing greeting and as far as I know not done by any other dog breed. Both our Doberman's have had this behaviour. They have a real personality of their own and despite the fear factor generated by movies (Boys from Brazil etc.) for this breed they are real clowns to their family :)

Oben