RE: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?

Subject: RE: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 09:26:05 -0700

 You'll get deluged with responses to this question.  IMHO, any single digit
OM is an upgrade.  A 1N lacks the automation you've grown accustomed to in
your 10, but the feel/sound/functioning are vastly improved.  Ditto for a
2/2N, and it gets you the automation (exposure) your used to.  They are both
prolific on our old friend E*ay, and prudent hunting/shopping/waiting can
reward you with a gem for a relative song.  Naturally, a 3/3T or 4/4T would
fit the above descriptors except the relative song part.

In double digit replacements, an OM-G (20) or PC (40) should serve you
faithfully and meet your needs as well.  They just don't have the legendary
jewel-like quality and feel of the single digits.  I'd probably opt for the
40/PC over the G for it's more sophisticated metering capabilities.

All IMHO, of course, and probably not worth 0.02USD.
Jim