Re: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?

Subject: Re: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <hcvanveluwen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 19:36:38 +0200
:  What's the advantages of an OM1/2(n/s/etc)/3/4 over the OM-10? I've looked
: at spec sheets/the stuff on zuiko.com, and it's all starting to get a bit
: confusing, to be completely honest. I've got the manual adapter for my
: OM-10, so I don't think there's any obvious basic functional improvements,
: though I could well be missing something.. How would a new OM-2000 compare?

Check out http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/bodygroup/bodytable.htm for a
comparison
of the main features of all OM bodies.

Imho the biggest advantage of buying a single digit OM body after reliability,
durability and repairability is the facility to accomodate other focusing
screens.
Once you've put a 2-4 into your "new" OM-2Sp, OM-3, OM-4, OM-4Ti or OM-3Ti ;)
you'll start to wonder how you ever managed to focus in dark conditions or with
slow lenses. And trying to do macro beyond lifesize without the 1-12 is pure
madness.

Other big reasons would be:
- (OM-2, OM-2n, OM-2Sp, OM-4, OM-4Ti, OM-3Ti) the added TTL OTF flash
capabilities
with T flashes -  indispensible for macro work imho;
- (OM-4Ti) the Super FP flash capabilities for _automatic_ daylight fill-in
flash
(the 3Ti does its FP trick only manual);
- (OM-3, OM-3-Ti, OM-4, OM-4Ti) the superiour multi-spot metering;
- (OM-2Sp) single-spot metering.
- (OM-1, OM-1n, OM-3, OM-3Ti) never fear to be powerless again (but do carry a
hand-held meter).

Confused? Buy them all! ;)

hnz