[OM] Re: prices on used 4T's

Subject: [OM] Re: prices on used 4T's
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:46:15 -0700
You aren't likely to find a 4T in excellent condition for $450. That's more like "roughed up" territory. Like my old 4T body. Perfectly functional, mind you, but it looks like it went through a war. And it has!

I just picked up another 4Ti body from B&H a couple weeks ago. It was rated in 9+ condition and they wanted (and got) eight bills for it. That's more like the going rate. Now I trusted B&H would send me a camera in very good condition and I was not disappointed. It shows nary a mark--obviously no one used it much, a gift to dad who either lost interest or died. Should I ever trade in my old 4T on, say, a new 4Ti I'd expect to be allowed three bills or so. Why? Because the store could then turn it around as a "bargain" for $450 or $575 or whatever.

But the good-looking gear will cost you more.

Tris