Re: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?

Subject: Re: [OM] Replacing an OM-10 -- with what?
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:31:40 -0400
The 10 was built as an  entry level slr.  It came out the same time as the
N*k*n EM and C*n*n AV-1 (plastic body).  The 10 has plastic shutter curtain
shafts and lots of problems.  It also has plastic top and bottom (early
production is metal bottom).  Main body is metal.
You can't go wrong with a 2N  or high number 2 (avoid 100,000 to 200,000
serial numbers in my opinion.)
2S offers lots of features including program mode, but the appetite for
batteries bothers some people.

John  Hermanson
omtech@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000