Re: [OM] Another big scan (57MB)

Subject: Re: [OM] Another big scan (57MB)
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:07:46 +0800
I always think TIFF is over killed if not for archival purpose, try to
save your TIF to JPG in Photoshop with compression 9 or 10 (in 5.0) or
10-12 (in 6.0) open them both and view them at 100% (or even 200%) see
if you can find the different. I bet you can't but for the file size
you can save 70-80%.

If your file has properly trimmed histogram, you also don't need 48
bit. Your output device (and you eyes) can't identify the different.

C.H.Ling