Re: [OM] How to cure 90mm f2 envy

Subject: Re: [OM] How to cure 90mm f2 envy
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 21:49:11 +0800
Tom, you are right about the 50/3.5. Some years ago, the 35/2, 50/3.5 and
85/2 with the 4Ti are my mostly used combination when going out with my
family, they are very light weight and capable. With the 50/3.5 most of my
shots were taken wide open, in such case the Bokeh was not bad and actually
overall very pleasing. It is very good for half length portrait with natural
perspective. I also found the 50/3.5 very bright in the finder and focusing
is very easy, try to shoot something other than flower and you will love it
more.

One thing about side by side test, I have did a lot on the 30 stories
building opposite to my flat. I never notice big different on many aspects
other than resolution and distortion. May be the subject was wrong (most
likely yes), but when I took the lens to "use" a few times, I immediately
notice the different in contrast, color and feel of 3D. Unfortunately I
shoot very little, due to lack of interesting objects or the weather (in
this few month here always raining, especially at the week end), lots of my
lenses still not went through two rolls of slides.

C.H.Ling